IS 2021 THE YEAR WE KISS CELLULITE GOODBYE?
Is cellulite gone forever? No. Can you reduce its appearance by up to 90% in less than a week?
Yes! “What can I do about cellulite?” is one of the most frequently asked questions we get at Ultimate Skin & Body. We understand how difficult it is to sort out online information that is dated, confusing, or just plain wrong. How can you tell the good from the bad?!
That’s where the professionals at Ultimate Skin & Body come in. Our team is dedicated to providing our patients with the best skin care available and we’re proud to show off our work.
We are also dedicated to educating clients about the science of effective skin care treatments including cellulite. Here’s what you should know, too…
WHAT IS CELLULITE?
Cellulite is not life threatening, but it can take a toll on your self-esteem. Skin that has the texture of orange peel is believed to affect as many as 90% of women and 10% of men. Oestrogen explains the gender gap. When oestrogen begins to decrease, circulatory problems develop and areas of the body (such as the thighs) experience less blood flow. They became undernourished which causes collagen production to slow. Simultaneously, fat cells enlarge and protrude through the diminished collagen. These protrusions cause the skin dimpling associated with cellulite.
TRADITIONAL CELLULITE TREATMENTS
Previously, treating cellulite was either inexpensive and ineffective, or expensive and effective for a short time. The 21st Century has seen some truly remarkable innovations in the treatment of cellulite, however.
Today, we're moving beyond:
- BIO-STIMULATORS - Injectable dermal filler that triggers natural collagen production.
- CREAMS - Home treatments for cellulite to temporarily stimulate/irritate skin cells causing increased circulstion. Retinol is often used in formulations, but it may cause the heart to race.
- ENDERMOLOGIE - A device-enabled deep massage with little evidence to support its benefits.
- LASER-ASSISTED LIPOSUCTION - a laser works to tighten skin while liposuction removes small amounts of fat. It can also make dimpling worse.
- MEDICATIONS - formulations promising to improve circulation and cell metabolism lack scientific support.
- INJECTABLE ENZYME PROMISING FOR WOMEN WITH CELLULITE - was the headline to come out of a recent meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology. Researches found injectable collagenase clostridium (CCH) to be an effective treatment for women troubled by cellulite on the buttocks.
Don’t despair. There’s good news for anyone who is unhappy with cellulite. Treatments have become less invasive, more effective, and even more affordable than ever before in 2021.
ULTIMATE SKIN & BODY'S CELLULITE SOLUTIONS
Ultimate Skin & Body offers patients a trio of non-invasive treatments for their cellulite concerns:
HIGH INTESITY FOCUSED ULTRASOUND (HIFU)
a one-treatment wonder for head to toe rejuvenation, HIFU is brand-spanking new technology. It can be used to tighten skin on areas of the face, neck, décolletage, and body. HIFU uses the body’s natural processes to repair and restore skin tone while gradually lifting the deeper SMAS layer of tissue.
CRYOLIPOLYSIS (FAT FREEZING)
a fast, painless way to zap 20% of fat cells in a single treatment to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Low temperature air is used to kill cells, which are removed naturally by your body’s elimination systems. We can even treat two areas in a single fat freezing session, helping our clients save time.
RADIO FREQUENCY TREATMENTS
blasts skin with heat, plus added massage and suction. The treatments can give your bumps a smoother look - in some cases, for 6 months or more. They don't hurt, but can be expensive, and you may need several visits.
CAN WE FINALLY SAY GOODBYE TO CELLULITE?
Will cellulite be treated out of existence this year? No. Can the appearance of dimpled, orange-skin skin be drastically reduced with an intensive cellulite treatment? Yes. Plus, the future of cellulite reduction looks even brighter this year than ever before.
Do you wrap yourself up in a towel when everyone else is breaking out their new cozzies? Have you avoided getting treatments for your cellulite because you’re not really sure what to do? We want to help. Beach season won’t wait. Neither should you. Please visit our clinic in Ashmore so we can get to know you better. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.